So Christmas this year was officially a complete and utter success. NOTHING went wrong and everything was perfect. As unlikely as that seems, it's true.
Christmas morning was awesome. J and I slept in and he woke me up by cooking sausage for breakfast burritos. Best fiance' ever? I think so.
Then we went over to my parents house for the opening of Christmas gifts and this year we did something different. We all drew a name for Secret Santa and we could buy whatever we wanted for our person but it couldn't be over $50. Plus everybody bought everybody else one stocking stuffer. It worked out fine except some people told each other their secret santa's but enough stayed secret that it was still fun. The best present was given by J to Danielle. Danielle just asked for money for Christmas so J could have taken the easy way out and got her an envelope with money in it. But Danielle had to work for her money. He made her do a "quest" by putting an envelope under the tree with some money in it and a riddle that led to another envelope hidden in the house with money in it. There were six envelopes in all and it was so great seeing her scurrying around the house figuring out the riddles. I'm glad she liked it.
The questions that he wrote, per request of my fiance:
1) Man shall not live by bread alone...the next peice you seek shall be found where man breaks bread...sometime this is done
in "the down under"
2) The treasure you seek shall be found in the place where you left your "Permanent" mark on the floor in the basement.
3) This treasure shall be found under the gift from JC Penny's that is dated but still functioning...but beware..."DO NOT TILT"
4) The next treasure shall be found behind your view...into the "World Wide Web" or into the "Book of Faces"
5) This is where one can come to see each member of the family frozen in time as well as our New President-Elect!!! YES WE CAN!!!
6) Congratulations! You are now a level 2 Questmaster! You have gained two talent points! Merry Christmas!
I also liked when I gave everybody chocolate for stocking stuffers and they immediately opened them. I love the Crockers.
Christmas dinner was soooooo good. As usual, all the Crocker women pitched in and made a fabulous meal of macaroni and cheese (deidre), dressing (kim -- she put her foot in it), iced tea and yams (danielle), and rice (me, but hey, I already made cookies!), and collards, ham, turkey, homemade rolls, green beans, and sweet potato pie (all mom). So dinner was delicious (getting more tonight.)
We all cleaned up the kitchen faster than my dad thought we would so we all ended up playing with Beckham (my sister's new puppy), and my cousins (Alana, Devonna, and Kannon). Then we went to see Seven Pounds. It's a good movie and I don't want to ruin it for anybody. Just hang in there if the beginning seems confusing.
Overall, this is the best Christmas ever. This was J's first Crocker Christmas and he gets to see how we do it. I can't wait to post the picture of our ornament that my mom got us. It's super cute. Happy Holidays to all of you all. May your days be as blessed as mine have been.
Tao of Cao
2 years ago